COMPETENCE BASED TRAINING METHODOLOGY FOR FORCE DEVELOPMENT
- We follow a scientific process for developing forces to be adept in search and rescue and to build organizational resilience for sustainable operations.
- The first step is to train all members of the force in basic life support training. Following which a swim aptitude test must be taken to assess the participant’s interest and capability for water rescue.
- At this stage, the force can be effectively divided into land-based and water-based operators.
- On completing basic land/ water-based rescue training, it is recommended that top-performing participants get the advanced technical rescue knowledge as part of an advanced course. These trained men can be utilized as a Quick Reaction Team (QRT) to any disaster to take on life-saving actions during the golden hour.
- Further, specialized courses like Deep Diving and Dog Handling allow interested volunteers of the force to develop into Special Operation Units.
- Highly experienced and conversant volunteers can further undertake detailed studies as part of the Trainer of Trainees (TOT) and Master of Trainers (MOT) courses where they will ensure self-reliance of the organization in raising its own forces.